Do you want to shake your hairstyle up a little for a festival or outdoor event and still look great? The style that’s taking celebrities and fashionistas on the red carpet by storm is the faux undercut braid.
The name may be a little deceiving, but there’s nothing faux about this sassy, elegant style.
If you don’t quite know how to get the look, we’ll walk you through it in 5 easy steps.
- Step 1: wash your hair with Head & Shoulders Smooth and Silky shampoo, followed by the conditioner to protect your scalp from dandruff. Getting this style right needs freshly washed, conditioned, and towel-dried hair.
- Step 2: create a deep side parting, starting from the front of your hairline and back to the nape.
- Step 3: separate the hair at the side into three strands, as you would for a regular French braid. Hold two strands in one hand and the third in your other hand.
- Step 4: create a regular braid by crossing the right strand and then the left over the centre.
- Step 5: add hair to each section by continuing with the braiding and making sure there are no loose strands. Carry on until you reach the nape of your neck and secure the braid with a band. And there’s your faux undercut braid!
If you need a visual guide, check out this super short ‘how to’ video;
You should be a hit at any music festival or just look fabulous for a regular day. It’s important to keep your scalp healthy to make sure your hair looks at its best.
The Head & Shoulders Suprême range is formulated specifically for women and is clinically proven to keep your hair flake free* and looking healthy.
*visible flakes with regular use