We’re taking action now to help tackle the global water shortage for millions of people. There’s plenty you can do too.
What we’re doing
What can you do?
What we’re doing
When it comes to water, we’ve set ourselves some ambitious targets at P&G:
- Reduce water used in our manufacturing facilities – We’ve already cut 58 percent between 2002 and 2012, and we’re aiming to cut another 20 percent per unit of production.
- Provide 1 billion people access to water-efficient products – By producing products that require less water, we can encourage people to do their part.
More powerful formulas = less water
When you use shampoo, you use water. There’s no getting around it.
That’s why we’re focusing on making our products more water-efficient; in other words, faster acting and quicker rinsing so they need less water.
That means you can stay 100% flake free1 in just a minute, with no time wasted with the shower running.
You’ve probably seen the advice on other shampoos to lather, rinse and repeat. But our formulas start working from the first wash,so you can have a faster shower and use less water.
What you can do
You can play your part to help save water in the shower too. Here’s how:
- Take shorter showers – The average person spends eight minutes in the shower, using more than 70 liters of water. Cut that by half and you’ll save 35 liters of water a day for everyone in your household – for a family of four, that’s 50,000 liters of water saved a year.
- Turn the shower off when shampooing – You only need the water to rinse, so if you can, turn the water off while you’re applying your shampoo and then back on when you’re ready to rinse.
- Switch to a water-efficient shower head – Older shower heads can use more water per minute than newer, water-efficient ones, which are inexpensive and typically use just 9.5 liters per minute.
More about sustainability at Head & Shoulders
1. Visible flakes, with regular use